Professional Knife Steel Magnetized for Safety. Our Honing Rod Has an Oval Handle for a Firm Grip and is Built For Daily Use, Perfect for Chefs and Home Cooks Alike! (12'', 3 Stripe)
Professional Knife Steel Magnetized for Safety. Our Honing Rod Has an Oval Handle for a Firm Grip and is Built For Daily Use, Perfect for Chefs and Home Cooks Alike! (12'', 3 Stripe) by Noble Home & Chef at Black Beards Restaurant. MPN: HS-3STR102-12. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. As counterintuitive as it may sound, a sharper knife is a safer knife! Dull knife blades tempt us towards bad habits while cutting, putting our fingers where we don't want them to be! Thus, it is imperative we keep our blades sharp.So how do we go about doing that?The first thing you have to know is the difference between honing and sharpening.Honing Rods vs. Knife SharpenersWhat many people refer to as a knife sharpening rod is actually a honing steel. So what's the difference?Knife Sharpeners
Product Description & Reviews
As counterintuitive as it may sound, a sharper knife is a safer knife! Dull knife blades tempt us towards bad habits while cutting, putting our fingers where we don't want them to be! Thus, it is imperative we keep our blades sharp.So how do we go about doing that?The first thing you have to know is the difference between honing and sharpening.Honing Rods vs. Knife SharpenersWhat many people refer to as a knife sharpening rod is actually a honing steel. So what's the difference?Knife Sharpeners remove metal from your knife blade to literally sharpen your blade. Because of the amount of metal removed during the sharpening process, most home cooks shouldn't sharpen their knives more than two or three times a year! Surprising, right? Most often, what we think needs to be sharpened truly just needs to be honed!Honing Rods on the other hand realign the knife edge, removing the dullness from your blade without removing too much of the blade itself. This is the process we should be doing regularly! When using our knives, we inadvertently create microscopic folds, which can give the effect of a dull blade. This constant misalignment of our knife edge is not in need of sharpening; it's in need of honing! Easy to confuse, since honing your knife will absolutely make it seem sharper. Many chefs will hone their blades before each use of their knife, if not more than once when using the knife in excess!What Sets Noble Home & Chef's Honing Rod Apart?Magnetized so that tiny metal particles don't become airborne or ingestedMade of Hardened Carbon Steel for strength and durability against strong knivesChromium Plated for prevention against corrosion and rustOval handle allows for a sturdy, firm grip for added safetyExcellent weight and feelNo plastic handles or cheaper, softer steelDesigner handle adds class to your kitchenDishwasher Safe
Features & Highlights
- MAGNETIZED FOR SAFETY: While honing steels (sometimes referred to as sharpening steels) realign your knife's edge for a sharper cut, they can also cause tiny metal particles from your blade to become airborne. Our honing rods are magnetized to prevent those particles from being inhaled or landing on nearby food.
- BUILT TO LAST THROUGH YEARS OF USE: Noble Home & Chef's honing steels are made of high quality, hardened carbon steel. Every material in our honing rods was meticulously chosen. You won't find cheap plastic handles or soft, inexpensive steel. When you hold it, the weight immediately reveals how solid the construction is, and the design adds class to any kitchen.
- NO RUSTING: Once hardened, our honing steels go through our proprietary chromium plating process, which prevents rust and corrosion.
- RETAINS MORE METAL ON YOUR KNIFE EDGE: Honing steels are designed to be used often, but without taking off too much of your knife's edge metal. This is contrary to knife sharpening steels or wet stone sharpeners, which should be used sparingly. (More details in product description.)
- DISHWASHER SAFE: While it is not necessary to wash honing steels after each use, it is recommended you wipe the stropping steel down with a wet cloth to remove the metal particles. For deeper cleaning, our honing rod is dishwasher safe!
Noble Home & Chef
Manufacturer warranties item for 90 days after date of purchase.
Noble Home & Chef
1.75 x 1.25 x 16.75 inches
2.2 x 1.4 x 17.2 inches
Have questions about this item (HS-3STR102-12), or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Noble Home & Chef, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: LS2000-BRK, ean: 0759284451380,
Final polishing-ultimate finish for an already sharp blade. Hang packaged. All Lansky Sharpening System stones are mounted on specially designed color coded holders with comfortable slip resistant finger grooves and are embossed with grade of stone f...
mpn: K-12S, ean: 7152555211332,
Winco 12 inch sharpening steel K-12S. Plastic handle with hanging loop. Wipe with soft damp cloth for cleaning.Stainless steel. Handle length measures 5''. Plastic handle with hanging loop. 12 inch sharpening blade. Wipe with soft damp cloth for clea...
mpn: SZSHARP-ROD, ean: 0858745006579,
The Shenzhen Knives Sharpening Series: Ceramic Rod Sharpening Steel is made of one of the hardest materials known to man, only diamond is harder. Made of 95% pure ceramic powder, the solid ceramic rod is made from a white ceramic called ceramic alumi...
mpn: 5217645, ean: 0045908107581,
The Edgekeeper Electric Knife Sharpener sharpens fine edge knives in a matter of seconds. As compact as it is efficient, this high performance electric sharpener uses an advanced two stage process to guarantee precision results. Helpful blade guides ...